ITIL, Made Simple!
UPDATED December 2016 – Second Edition
A comprehensive yet nicely abbreviated alternative to the five multi-thousand page volumes comprising the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®). Welcome to ITIL® simplified!
For over two decades ITIL® has informed the way in which IT delivers services to customers while remaining methodically in-synch with the needs of business. ITIL® best-practices have helped business better manage IT assets, cut costs, provide better customer service, improve internal communications and much more. A cottage industry has emerged offering formal ITIL® trainings and certifications.
IT professionals with ITIL® know-how enjoy a preferred status among hiring managers and executives. Meanwhile, ITIL® consultants regularly show up at the doorsteps of business across the globe committed to revamping underperforming, uncommunicative and non-service oriented IT departments.
ITIL® For Beginners breaks this robust IT framework down into its five core lifecycle phases and reviews the processes, sub-processes, and evaluation metrics (KPIs) associated with each phase. This beginner-friendly text is easy-to-read and fully accessible to ITIL® newcomers. For IT professionals already familiar with one or more of ITIL®’s lifecycle phases, this book will provide a breadth of context for ITIL®’s summary-level functioning and may be used as a decision-making aid for those considering an in-depth study or certification in a certain area of ITIL®.
ITIL® For Beginners was reviewed and licensed by Axelos, the government-sponsored publisher of ITIL®. We at ClydeBank Technology, the publishers of ITIL for Beginners, are grateful and excited to be sharing our work on this interesting subject here on Amazon and across a multitude of other distribution channels.
The history and inspirations for ITIL®
How ITIL® can directly improve the experiences of employees, managers, partners, and customers
The mistakes commonly made by beginners when implementing ITIL
All of the ITIL Life Cycle Phases, Processes, Sub-Processes, and formal KPIs
ITIL®’s real-world application in IT and business
A Risk-Free Purchase – No Questions Asked Money Back Gurantee
We are so confident that methods outlined in this book will help you understand ITIL that we’re willing to let you try the book risk-free. If you are not fully satisfied with the product, simply let us know and we will provide a 100% full refund. That’s right, a 100% Money-Back Guarantee! What reason do you have to not give this book a try?
New revision is now available. Fully revised and re-edited.
HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.
This revolution (or more correctly – evolution) has happened for a number of reasons:
- Browsers have introduced new standards-based APIs allowing web applications to (amongst other things) store data offline, retrieve data from the server dynamically, spawn background processes and interact with the filesystem.
- The jQuery library has eased the pain of interacting with Document Object Model, and therefore writing applications that dynamically respond to user interaction.
- The HTML markup language has been overhauled and extended to provide more semantic meaning, and many additional elements and attributes.
This book is not a simple introduction to the subject matter: it guides you through the process of building a feature-rich web application. The application begins simple, and becomes gradually more complex as additional APIs and features are introduced. This book includes the following content:
- An introduction to the HTML5 markup language, and how it differs from HTML4 and XHTML.
- An introduction to jQuery selection, traversal, manipulation and events.
- An in-depth look at the Web storage and IndexedDB APIs for client side data storage.
- A guide to implementing offline web applications with the Application Cache API.
- A guide to the use of Web Workers in web applications.
- An introduction to AJAX, and the jQuery API supporting AJAX.
- An introduction to Server Sent Events and Web Sockets.
This book is intended for anyone with at least a superficial knowledge of HTML and programming (in any language).
Get a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the core Python language with this hands-on book. Based on author Mark Lutz’s popular training course, this updated fifth edition will help you quickly write efficient, high-quality code with Python. It’s an ideal way to begin, whether you’re new to programming or a professional developer versed in other languages.
Complete with quizzes, exercises, and helpful illustrations, this easy-to-follow, self-paced tutorial gets you started with both Python 2.7 and 3.3— the latest releases in the 3.X and 2.X lines—plus all other releases in common use today. You’ll also learn some advanced language features that recently have become more common in Python code.
- Explore Python’s major built-in object types such as numbers, lists, and dictionaries
- Create and process objects with Python statements, and learn Python’s general syntax model
- Use functions to avoid code redundancy and package code for reuse
- Organize statements, functions, and other tools into larger components with modules
- Dive into classes: Python’s object-oriented programming tool for structuring code
- Write large programs with Python’s exception-handling model and development tools
- Learn advanced Python tools, including decorators, descriptors, metaclasses, and Unicode processing